Travel Medicine & Travel Vaccinations at Michigan Avenue Immediate Care
The physicians and staff of Michigan Avenue Immediate Care would value the opportunity to assist you in preparing for your travels, be it a business trip, an exciting adventure, an opportunity to study abroad, or volunteer travel.
Michigan Avenue Immediate Care welcomes you to walk in for a pre-travel visit with us to help you meet your travel needs. Patients often call to ask which vaccines are required for their specific destination. Following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) requirements and recommendations, our physicians will consult with you regarding your itinerary and provide specific recommendations to meet your individual travel medicine needs.
Our listing of vaccines is comprehensive:
- Cholera (Vaxchora)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A/B Combination (Twinrix)
- HPV (Gardasil 9)
- Influenza – seasonal flu shot
- Japanese Encephalitis (Ixiaro)
- Meningitis ACWY (Menactra)
- Meningitis Group B (Bexsero)
- Pneumonia PPSV23 (Pneumovax)
- Pneumonia PCV13 (Prevnar 13)
- Tdap (Boostrix)
- Typhoid injectable (Typhim Vi)
- Typhoid oral (Vivotif)
- Varicella – Chickenpox (Varivax)
- Varicella – Zoster (Zostavax)
What Makes Us Different
In addition to our comprehensive listing of vaccines and the quality care we provide, our patients have said that they have chosen us for the following reasons:
- Michigan Avenue Immediate Care is a certified yellow fever vaccine clinic
- Michigan Avenue Immediate Care does not require an appointment; patients may simply walk in to our clinic at their convenience*
- Michigan Avenue Immediate Care offers competitive pricing.
Your Travel Clinic Visit
You will be traveling the world. Let us help you navigate your travel medicine visit.
- You are going to be leaving the country and believe you are in need of travel shots.
- Michigan Avenue Immediate Care is conveniently located in the Loop of Chicago and can help you to meet your travel medicine needs. No need to make an appointment; simply walk in to the clinic when it works well for you (at least 4-6 weeks in advance of your trip; please see ‘Additional Important Information’ below).
- Arrive at the clinic with your identification, your vaccination record, any itinerary information you may have received and method of payment.
- See the doctor for your travel consultation (this consultation should be approximately 30 minutes.
- Receive the vaccines you have elected to receive, pay for the services rendered, the medical staff will complete your ICVP, and you wait on average 15 minutes as required by the physician to monitor your reaction to the vaccines.
- Safe travels!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Patients are encouraged to visit the clinic for their travel medicine consultation with the doctor and receive their vaccines 4-6 weeks in advance of their visit for reasons including but not limited to 1-the completion of vaccine schedule for efficacy, and 2) the International Certificate for Vaccines and Prophylaxis becomes valid 10 days from the date of the visit and is required for admission to many countries at the point of entry.
Forms of Payment
Many, but not all, insurance companies do cover travel medicine visits and travel vaccines.
As such, we typically submit the visit and vaccination charges, per usual, to your insurance carrier.
We recommend that you contact your insurance carrier to confirm coverage.
Please note – fees related to travel medicine visits may apply to your deductible.
If you do not have insurance, or if your insurance does not cover travel services, we do provide competitive self-pay pricing.
We accept the following forms of payment for your travel medicine visit and vaccines at the conclusion of your visit:
- American Express
Travel Medicine Links
We invite you to visit the following websites for additional travel medicine information: