Student Health at Michigan Avenue Immediate Care
Our physicians and staff understand the unique health care needs of students. We have extensive experience providing care for students in what is known as Chicago’s “Loop University” and offer convenient hours to fit student schedules.
Whether you are needing the required school immunizations, concerned about having a cold that may be going around a dorm or maybe a sinus infection that has returned, have a minor laceration from a school project, have injured yourself during a dance rehearsal, or just needing to see a doctor because your Primary Care Physician is states away, we provide comprehensive student health services and as needed, we coordinate follow-up care and/or refer to specialists.
Michigan Avenue Immediate Care is located in the East Loop, near the following colleges and universities:
- Columbia College Chicago
- DePaul University
- French Pastry Institute
- International Academy of Design and Technology
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Intrax International
- Kendall College
- Moody Bible Institute
- Roosevelt University
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- SOMA Institute
Healthcare When You Need It
We understand the critical importance of addressing the emotional and stress-related issues of students during this demanding phase of their life. Should the need arise, our physicians and staff welcome you to walk-in to see us or make an appointment.
If you are looking for a Primary Care Physician in the Chicago area, please visit our Michigan Avenue Primary Care website for more information about how to schedule an appointment.
Student Health Care Services
They physicians at Michigan Avenue Immediate Care provide an array of health services including (but not limited to) the following:
Common medical concerns and problems
- Acute infectious illnesses such as strep throat, mono, sinusitis, the flu and ear infections
- Unexplained fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, insomnia
- Comprehensive testing for HIV, Herpes, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HPV, Syphilis, etc.
- Sensitive and confidential diagnosis, treatment, and counseling
Women’s Health Testing
- Yearly PAP Smears/Gynecological Exams
- Pregnancy Testing
- Contraception Counseling and Prescriptions
- HPV Vaccine
Study Abroad Health Services
- Vaccinations for travel/study abroad
- Prescriptions for anti-malaria tablets
- Recommendations for health maintenance while studying abroad
- Counseling on individual travel needs
Immunizations and School Required Testing
- TB skin test or Quantiferon blood test
- Travel Medicine vaccines including the yellow fever vaccine
- Tetanus diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine
- Flu Shots
- MMR vaccine
Student Health Events and Outreach
Additionally, Michigan Avenue Immediate Care staff has participated in new student orientations, student health & wellness events and has served as a resource for student publications. We have been invited to participate in several student events from student/parent orientation to wellness fairs. We are happy to answer questions and educate students throughout the year.
Student, Parent and School Administration Testimonials
Just a note to thank you for your care for our son a long way from home at art school and also for your introductory letter that came with your bill.
Thank you very much for your professional courtesy and swift, decisive treatment. I was impressed by your efficiency and thankful for your care.